This article will explain how to overclock a Bitmain Antminer S19 series miner and outline the benefits and drawbacks of doing so.
A Bitmain Antminer S19 series miner can be overclocked in a number of ways. Installing custom firmware, however, is the most well-liked and dependable choice.
How can the Antminer S19 series from Bitmain miners boost profits? Generally speaking, there are 2 ways for a Bitcoin mining operation to boost their top line:
- Buy new hardware
- Improve the performance of their current hardware
Buying new hardware is the riskier option of the two, as it typically involves a large up-front capital expenditure that will likely take many months or even years to get a positive ROI, subject to Bitcoin’s price performance of course.
Therefore, overclocking becomes the miners’ first choice to increase an Hash rate of an Antminer S19 series miner. Continue reading to learn more about overclocking, including what it is, how to do it with your Antminer S19 series miner, and its benefits and drawbacks.
Table of Contents
What is Overclocking
Overclocking = More Hashrate, Less Efficiency (Max W/TH)
Around the beginning of 2018, miners started experimenting with overclocking their ASICs to increase revenue. Simply put, overclocking entails that the ASICs use more energy, hash at higher rates, and generate more reliable proofs of work than at stock settings. For instance, an Antminer S9 that typically generates 13.5 TH/s at 1200 W consumption could be overclocked to generate 16 TH/s at 1600 W consumption.
The revenue generated by a single machine typically decreases significantly over time because the Bitcoin difficulty adjusts steadily upward as more and more ASICs come online.
As difficulty has increased, the hash price ($/TH of hashrate) has steadily decreased over time.
Because of this, miners want to get the most out of their equipment as soon as possible before the increasing difficulty causes their profit margins to become too thin. Additionally, they are prepared to reduce the productivity of their equipment (i.e. higher W/TH) with overclocking in order to stack more sats in the short term.
How to Overclock a Bitmain Antminer S19 Series Miner?
There are several ways to overclock an ASIC. First, some devices have an ASIC Boost feature that boosts performance. Second, some have a Turbo mode that also speeds up mining (such as the Antminer S17 Pro). To find out if your ASICs have something similar, look at their specifications.
Installing custom firmware, however, is the most common and dependable choice. Please be aware that there isn’t a universal firmware; you’ll need to install the exact version that’s appropriate for your particular devices. The public now has access to new firmware for the S19J Pro Bitcoin Miner to overclock. The following models are compatible with it.
Bitmain Antminer S19, T19, S19 (88), S19 A, S19i, S19j, S19j BB, S19 Pro, S19a Pro, S19j Pro, S19j Pro BB, S19j Pro A BB, S19+, S19
Features of the Firmware
- Overclocking: over 220th/s with S19 pro and 135th/s S19!
- Free: Download and start using right away.
- ASICboost and autotuning: Auto frequency tuning and the use of ASICboost are included on all of our versions to achieve the highest efficiency.
- lessen hardware errors
- ENERGY SAVING
- Immersion-ready/Fan Disable: Support for high-efficiency liquid immersion cooling is provided by setting the fan to off.
- Lower Thermal Threshold: reduces the overheat protection threshold by default to prolong machine life.
- Full-farm deployment: An unlimited number of miners on the same network will receive a configuration file. No reboot required!
- Power monitoring: wattmeter feature built-in.
- Discover Other Asic on the internet.
- mass password-changing capacity and an ssh port.
- SSH UNLOCKED!
- Multi-ASIC roll-out: Setup one machine and install it on all of them with just 1 click.
- Free – Small 2.8% fee to maintain the project.
- Supports popular ASICs: Support for all Antminer S19, S19 Pro, S19a, S19a pro, S19j, S19j Pro, and T19
- Stable: automated voltage tuning for optimum hashboard performance and stability.
- Sleep Mode: With very little power, mining can be suspended and fan speeds can return to normal.
- Asic Virus Scanner: A tool for examining used Asics to look for night switcher and other variations.
- Easy Uninstallation.
How to Use the Firmware to Overclock Bitmain Antminer S19j Pro?
This SPACE DESIGN WAREHOUSE video provides step-by-step instructions for overclocking the Bitmain Antminer S19j pro.
Why Overclock a Bitmain Antminer S19 Series Miner?
Let’s take a closer look at the advantages of overclocking:
- Overclocking improves the performance of the devices, which has a positive impact on revenue
- Overclocking can also be used to reduce power consumption, which is also good for your net profit — you’ll spend less money on paying electricity bills
- Voltages and frequencies can be adjusted and optimized by choosing an overclocking profile. As a result, the ASIC is more stable and its chips “live” longer. This way, you reduce the chances of sudden expenses for repairs or purchase of new devices due to the failure of the old ones
- By choosing a specific profile, you can optimally “adjust” to the ambient temperature. For example, if it’s too hot in the room, you can go for a profile that consumes less power — accordingly, the temperature of your ASICs will also be lower, and you will minimize the danger of overheating
Possible Difficulties of Overclocking a Bitmain Antminer S19 Series Miner
Overclocking has many advantages, but it can also lead to some difficulties:
- A higher temperature is also a result of faster mining. Therefore, you will have to pay even more attention to your equipment and ensure heat dissipation and ventilation — otherwise your ASICs can overheat
- By overclocking devices as much as possible, you also maximize power consumption, which will increase expenses accordingly
- To get your ASICs up to the fastest possible speed, you might need to buy new power supplies. Factory power supplies may be not enough for the desired overclocking profile
- Maximum overclocking can lead to numerous device errors
Summary: Overclock a Bitmain Antminer S19 Series Miner
In simple words, overclocking is “pushing” an ASIC goes beyond its usual limitations. First and foremost, miners use overclocking to boost their income, but this is not the only benefit. In order to maximize profits, use less power, and reduce costs, this article explained the benefits of overclocking Bitmain Antminer S19 series miners.
Can You Overclock Antminer?
Overclocking simply means that the ASICs use more energy, hash at higher rates, and generate more reliable proofs of work than at stock settings. For example, an Antminer S9 that typically produces 13.5 TH/s at 1200 W consumption could be overclocked to produce 16 TH/s at 1600 W consumption instead.
Does Overclocking Increase Hashrate?
Overclocking refers to raising the clock and memory speeds above their official speed ratings. Overclocking your GPU cards will boost your revenue, so we highly recommend it. Increasing the Core clock and Memory clock frequencies will increase your GPU hashrate.
Does Overclocking Affect Mining?
With efficient overclocking, you can achieve higher mining profits and lower power usage!