Knowing how to clean Antminer S19j Pro properly will ensure stable hashing performance and a longer ASIC miner lifespan.
Check out our thorough cleaning instructions for the Antminer S19j Pro right away.
When Should I Clean and Dust the Miners?
1. When the Bitmain Antminer’s casing starts to get dusty.
2. When it is discovered that the miners are not operating properly as a result of dust buildup or other debris attaching to the hash board and affecting heat dissipation.
3. Once the miner has been inspected. Clean the dust regularly, we recommend doing it once a month
*IMPORTANT: It’s important to stop the miners.
How to Clean Antminer S19j Pro?
Equipment: Air Compressor + Air Gun
Air Pressure range: 0.7 +/- 0.05 MPa
A regular cleaning schedule for Antminer S19j Pro is crucial for miners. It increases productivity, lowers the chance of heat and fire, and increases hash rate. Keeping your equipment clean should help to preserve microchips and other parts in addition to extending the life of your equipment.
1. Use the air gun to gently blow the front and rear fans twice
2. Put the air gun close to the fan, taking care not to touch the grille or the fan blades to avoid damaging them. Blow each gap for two to three seconds, then repeat the procedure two or three times.
If the air gun cannot blow out the dust because of the high humidity (causing the dust to be stuck), you need to remove the fan and brush out the stubborn dust.
The best way to clean an ASIC bitcoin miner is to use a high pressure air compressor with air gun in interval bursts. This will clear the fan blades, chassis, and hash boards of accumulated dust. The recommended air pressure range of 0.7 plus/minus 0.05 MPa can be found in Bitmain’s guide here.
You usually do not need to disassemble the machine for routine monthly cleanings, with the exception of humid environments where dust removal with just compressed air is challenging. In which case you can take out the hash boards and dismount the fans, and then gently brush them off with a dry antistatic brush.
It is not advisable for miners to use vacuums on their mining machinery because they could suck up or loosen components. Additionally, using canned compressed air is not recommended because it contains water, which could short out a machine or over time damage its components.
Maintaining a clean mining environment is also essential. Try to vacuum and dust the surfaces around your mining area on a regular basis.
How-to Deep Clean An Bitcoin Miner?
Depending on the air quality in your operating environment, your miner may need a deep clean occasionally—possibly once or twice a year. At mining farms and repair centres, ultrasonic cleaning machines for electronics are often used. Flux-filled ultrasonic baths are also great for immersion units or for cleaning a miner of residue or solder deposits. Here is a video that demonstrates how to use a brush and an ultrasonic cleaner to clean an L3 hash board.
For home miners, hash and control boards can be manually rinsed with 99% isopropyl alcohol. When cleaning miners with water, minerals and salts that could damage your machine and cause short-circuits might be left behind. Also keep in mind that you should wash your machine with 99% isopropyl alcohol to remove any residue if it were to unintentionally get wet with rainwater or other substances.
Antminer S19j Pro Daily Operation Tips
A bitcoin miner needs to be monitored at least every couple hours.
What should you look out for?
- the machine’s average hashing speed is within 5-10% of the stated specs
- the miner’s chip temperature is preferably between 70°-80°C (158°-176°F) to preserve the ASICs
- the ambient (room) temperature is 10°-30°C (50°-86°F) for optimal hashing
- the PCB (hash/control board) temperature is less than ~ 90°C (194°F), and all three hash boards do not differ more than 10°C (~20°F) from one another
- pool latency is low, and your submitted hashing speed matches the kernel log
- the electricity supply is stable and cables are not damaged
- the machine fans and the room ventilation is not obstructed
If any of these points experience a problem, you must conduct troubleshooting. It can occasionally be helpful to perform a lengthy reset (turning the machine off for two minutes), or to move the machine to improve airflow. A comprehensive investigation might also be required. At the end of this article, we go into more detail about repairs and troubleshooting.
Summary of How to Clean Antminer S19j Pro
Regular cleaning of your Antminer S19j Pro is required.
In conclusion, for the monthly clean of your Bitmain Antminer S19j Pro we recommend the following tools:
- A high pressure air compressor with an air gun; the air pressure range should be 0.7 ±0.05 MPa
- Antistatic gloves
- An antistatic soft brush
- A vacuum cleaner for the surrounding area, and dusting rags
- And remember to clean out your room ventilation filters/mesh, if used
Furthermore, an ultrasonic machine can help to deep clean your bitcoin especially if you use the ASIC miner immersion.
How Many Amps Does Antminer S19j Pro Use?
It is able to mine Bitcoin (BTC– along with BSV, BCH, ABC and LTC) with a standard hashrate of ~104 Th/s for a continuous power consumption of 3,120W. This device needs two NEMA 220v power outlets, each with a single 2-pole 20 amp breaker feeding a 240v line.
How Long Will Antminer S19J Pro Last?
Lifespan of the ASICs
How long does an ASIC miner operate for then? The model, maintenance, and manufacturing date all determine the lifespan of an ASIC. For example, the latest antminer, the Bitmain Antminer S19j Pro, is expected to have a lifespan of over five years.