With your new Bitmain Antminer S19 Series miners, this guide will explain what you should and shouldn’t do.
The Bitmain Antminer S19 Series miner must be used correctly in order for it to function normally. To protect your Bitmain Antminer S19 Series miners from damage, abide by the dos and don’ts listed below.
Use of ANTMINER Safety Measures All ANTMINERs must adhere to this.
Dos to Follow:
1. Check the Bitmain Antminer S19 Series miner for cosmetic blemishes or dangling heat sinks. If you noticed damage or defect or found loose heat sinks, contact the seller immediately.
2. Install the miner in an area with unimpeded airflow and no dust.
3. During the installation or upkeep of the miner, discharge static electricity or wear anti-static PPE.
4. Installing or maintaining the miner requires unplugging it. Failure to do so will result in damage to the control board.
5. Use a power source that can provide 20% more power than what the miner needs. The hash rate will be low if the power source’s actual output is insufficient to supply the energy needed by the miners.
6. Correctly attach the D/C power 6-pin connectors of the PSU’s positive and negative ports to the miner’s control board and hash boards.
The PSU will switch to protection mode if they are improperly plugged in. The control board and hash board will also be set on fire.
*NOTE: Yellow – Positive; Black – Negative
7. Give each miner its own PSU. While the hash boards can all draw power from a single PSU, the miner can draw power from multiple PSUs.
Since the 6-pin power connectors are interchangeable, it is irrelevant in what order they are connected to the miner.
8. Power on the control board after the hash boards. When connecting the hash boards and control board to a single miner that uses a single PSU, you can turn it on right away.
9. Check to see if the miner is properly grounded or wired.
10. Install lightning protection if you don’t want your equipment to be damaged by lightning.
11. WiFi connection is not supported by ANTMINERs; only Ethernet cables can be used to connect them.
- Common RJ45 cables can be used
12. The miners don’t need to be unplugged and restarted in the event of an internet connection or network failure if it could be resumed within 15 minutes.
Cut the miner’s power if the issue could not be resolved quickly. The miner will crash if the internet connection is unstable.
- To find out how many miners can be connected to your router, check with the manufacturer of your router as different models have different settings.
- 150 miners can function with a 1 Mbps connection.
13. The average monthly internet usage for a miner is 500 MB, so if you’re using a data card, be sure to have enough available.
14. Firefox and Google Chrome are the supported browsers.
15. Periodically dust and clean the miner. The miner will experience issues if the airway in front of the heat sinks is blocked.
Don’ts to Follow:
IMPORTANT: You shouldn’t power one hash board with multiple PSUs.
1. Use the miner outside of enclosed or confined spaces. The miner must not have any objects obstructing the airflow.
2. Never use the miner in an area with a lot of condensation, a lot of salt in the air, or a lot of humidity.
- Lower than 65% humidity is advised. The hash board can easily be damaged by the high levels of salinity that are present in coastal areas.
3. In sweltering temperatures, avoid using the miner. It is advised that the working environment be kept between 5 and 35 degrees Celsius.
The hash rate will be low at low ambient temperatures. The miner will break down at high temperatures for an extended period of time.
4. If there is a lot of dust buildup, avoid using a water curtain (for cooling). Water vapor will stick to the dust buildup and corrode the hash boards.
5. Due to the risk of burning the control board, PoE function switches and routers are not permitted.
6. Avoid touching the fan and control board connectors because they are in direct contact with the IC pins. Touching these connectors without an electrostatic discharge will damage the IC, which will cause the miner to malfunction.
7. A miner that appears to be damaged shouldn’t be used.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions.