All automatic frequency S9 and T9 series ANTMINERs must go through this troubleshooting step.
The mining program has not yet started mining if the miner overview screen does not display any hardware version or BMMiner version.
Or you see such an error in your miner’s kernel log
bmminer not found, restart bmminer ...
Download and reload the firmware at Bitmain’s official website:
- Download Firmware >
- How to reload firmware >
After the firmware has been loaded, run the miner for 20 minutes.
After reloading the firmware, check the following:
1. Check the settings and URLs for your mining pool very carefully. The tab for miner configuration is where you can find them. Any error, such as misspellings or spaces in the pool URLs, can result in this.
Additionally, make sure your miner is connected to the mining pools; if there is a problem, this might occur.
2. Verify the stability of your network and internet. The majority of clients aren’t aware that their router or network settings can result in this error. You may use the Ping button under the “Network” and then “Diagnostic” to make sure your miner can receive data.
3. Verify the front and rear fans’ voltage. Switch the front and back fans if the front fan displays a lower voltage.
Read the kernel log for “Fatal Error: some Fan lost or Fan speed low”. The fans may experience problems, according to this message. Test after replacing with a functional set.
4. Reset the miner
5. The control board and the power supply unit should both be disconnected from each hash board. Only the control board should be connected as you restart the miner. We must swap out the control board if the error message persists.
6. If all the steps above still can’t solve the problem, create a repair ticket and return the whole miner to us for repair