Here is a comprehensive guide for using an SD card to flash a Bitmain Antminer S19 XP.
Bitmain Antminer S19 XP is one of the most popular models in the Antminer S19 series. Try this method if the miner occurs the following problems.
- The miner is power-off in the upgrading process.
- The miner cannot start (cannot find IP).
- The miner can only use the default factory workers.
Table of Contents
1. Preparing Tools
- Hardware includes a computer (running Windows), a TF card reader, and a TF card.
- Software: Antminer S19XP card firmware and a decompression program (WINRAR is recommended).
2. Making TF Card
- Unzip the downloaded firmware (click on the firmware and select Unzip File) .
- A new dialog box will appear after selecting the unzip file; simply click Confirm.
- A folder with the same name as the zip package will appear after unzipping. Now that the folder has been unzipped, it can be used.
- Place the memory card inside the card reader, then connect the reader to the computer’s USB port.
- After inserting the card reader into the computer’s USB port, the computer will ask for a new device and display the disk letter that corresponds to this TF card (the disk letter for this device is E), record this disk letter.
- Create a FAT32 file on the memory card you just inserted, and then locate the TF card’s corresponding disk (you just recorded disk letter E, i.e. E disk), then select it with the mouse’s right button and choose Format from the pop-up dialog box.
- A new dialog box will appear (as shown below) after you click Formatting. The file system can now be formatted by clicking Start after you have selected FAT32 from the drop-down menu in the new dialog box (FAT32 is the default).
- Before the formatting starts, a dialog box will pop up, prompting whether to confirm the deletion of all data. If there is important data, you should back it up first; if not, you can just tap Confirm without waiting.
- The formatting procedure is fairly straightforward; typically, after clicking confirm, there is a pause of about 2 seconds before a progress bar moves to the top as shown below. Once it has arrived at the head, a dialog box will appear asking for confirmation before concluding the formatting.
- When the formatting is complete and the TF card is ready, you can open the extracted folder and copy all of its contents (the extracted folder’s contents are as follows).
- Copy all of the files in the folder to the TF card’s next directory.
- After copying, confirm the contents of the TF card as follows, mainly confirm the file name, file size and number of files .
- If the content is accurate, the TF card is complete, and you can now unplug it from the computer and use it.
- Insert the prepared TF card after turning off the mining device (or separate control board).
- Activate the control board of the mining machine.
- The double light is always on for about 3-5 seconds after powering on, the double light is off for about 10 seconds, and the green light is always on.
a. Double status lights are on and flashing.
b. double lights out status flashing.
c. Flashing completion status green light is always on .
- The green light is always on, indicating that the card swipe has been completed. At this point, you can turn off the device and remove the TF card. However, before removing the TF card, you must press the memory card inward until it partially pops out.
- Re-power the control board, start the machine after unplugging the TF card, then log in the background to see if the mining computer’s current firmware version matches the card-swiped firmware version.
Contact us at any time if you have any questions.