Table of Contents
Online Update Firmware of Bitmain Antminer S19 Pro+ Hyd. (198Th)
The mining machine has a hashrate of 198 TH/s, power efficiency (@ 35°C) of 27.5 joules per terahash (J/TH) and will consume 5445 watts of power, according to a tweet.
In comparison, the previous top-of-the-line Antminer, S19 XP, has a hashrate of 140 TH/s, power efficiency (@ 25°C) of 21.5 J/TH and consumes about 3010 watts.
The new model will also incorporate the “latest liquid cooling technology” and is designed for use with Bitmain’s Antspace HK3 mining container.
The adoption of liquid cooling has been increasing in recent years as an alternative to traditional air-cooling, which allows mining machines to be immersed in a synthetic hydrocarbon compound liquid that has no electrical conductivity and is fully biodegradable.
This specialized liquid can reduce heat, power consumption and noise stemming from the computers, as well as prolong the lifespan of the ASICs, allowing miners to maximize profit in an increasingly competitive market.
Bitmain Antminer S19 Pro+ Hyd the newest firmware improves the performance of the miner and reduces the power consumption of the miner through programs.
Sometimes, your miner may stop mining because of firmware issue of the controller. In that case, you can fix the issue by upgrading the firmware. And also in some other cases, you may want to upgrade the firmware of your miner to the latest version so that your miner can attain a better performance.
Please make sure the miner type and firmware type are the same before upgrading the miner firmware.
Get more Antminer S19 series Firmware.
SD Card Firmware of Bitmain Antminer S19 Pro+ Hyd. (198Th)
Flashing Instructions :
- Hardware includes a computer (running Windows), a card reader, and the MicroSD card recommended capacity of less than 16GB. Larger capacity MicroSD cards are not recommended as they are very susceptible to errors.
- Software: Antminer S19 Pro+ Hyd. (198Th) SD card firmware and a decompression program (WINRAR is recommended).
- Insert MicroSD card into computer and format to FAT32.
- Unzip the downloaded image file and copy the contents to the MicroSD card.
- Remove the MicroSD card from the computer and insert it into the card slot on the control board.
- Power on the control board. Allow about 30 seconds for the files to load automatically. When loaded, the green indicator light will be steady on.
- Remove the MicroSD and restart the miner. In over 30 seconds, please reboot the miner. (NOTE: do not power off during the restart process; power failure will cause the OTP to fail to turn on which also damages the control board.)
- Power on the miner and access the miner interface. Remember to upgrade the latest official firmware online.
What is Firmware?
Let’s first define firmware.
In hardware devices, firmware is a type of software that can sometimes be updated by users. A wide variety of electronic products, including industrial robots, hard drives, computer keyboards, calculators, and remote controls, can use firmware.
Now that you are aware of what firmware is, let’s discuss why it needs to be updated.
Why Do We Need to Update the Firmware?
We are all aware that science and technology undergo continuous iterative updates, and firmware is no different. The mining machine can add some functions and operate more efficiently with the help of a firmware upgrade.
For instance, some firmware updates can be used to run programs that enhance miner performance while lowering power consumption. These firmware updates can reduce the amount of electricity miners use.
Additionally, some firmware updates can boost the miner’s processing power. By updating the firmware, more processing power can be obtained for the same machine. This type of firmware can boost miners’ mining profits.
Additionally, there is firmware that can improve restart procedures, high-temperature protection procedures, etc. for miners. Such firmware can help increase the miner’s dependability and guarantee its stable operation.
Even though the firmware is good, not all firmware updates can be done quickly. Numerous miners downloaded and updated the machine’s firmware as soon as they learned that a particular firmware could significantly boost computing power, regardless of the firmware’s source. As a result, the device performs erratically and might even lead to the poisoning of the mining device and the theft of computing power. As a result, it is advised that you only use the mining machine’s official firmware and not any other kind.