This manual provides an overview of the Bitmain Antminer S19 Hydro, demonstrates how to set up, configure, monitor, and administer the server, and also introduces the necessary environmental conditions.
- 5.1 Checking your firmware version
- 5.2 Upgrading your system
- 5.3 Modifying your password
- 5.4 Restoring initial settings
1. Antminer S19 Hydro Overview
The S19 Hydro server is one of the Bitmain’s newest versions in the S19 hydro server series. Power supply APW11 is part of S19
Hydro server. All S19 Hydro servers are tested and configured prior to shipping to ensure easy set up.
- Please refer to the layout above to place your goods in usage in case of any damage.
- DO NOT remove any screws and cables tied to the product.
- Please note that the actual miner shall prevail.
- There must be an external specific Surge Protection device complying with IEC/EN 61643-11 either in front of the power supply or outside the end system (in a separate distribution box or as part of the building installation).
- Do not plug or remove the device when it is powered on.
- The external power supply shall have a disconnecting device, which can disconnect L1&L2&L3 simultaneously.
- The S19 Hydro server shall be used simultaneously with the ANTSPACE HK3. Please click here for more details of ANTSPACE HK3.
1.1 S19 Hydro Server Components
The main components and control board of S19 Pro Hydro miners are shown in the following figure:
APW11 Power Supply:
Power supply APW11 is part of S19 Hydro server. For detailed parameters, please refer to the specifications below.
1.2 Antminer S19 Hydro Specifications
|Hashrate,TH/s||132 ± 3% | 138.5 ± 3%| 145 ± 3% | 151.5 ± 3%|
|Power on wall@Tj65°C, Watt(1-1)||4554 ± 5% | 4778 ± 5% | 5003 ± 5% | 5227 ± 5%|
|Power efficiency on wall @Tj65°C, J/TH(1-1)||34.5 ± 5% | 34.5 ± 5% | 34.5 ± 5% | 34.5 ± 5%|
|Power supply AC input voltage, Volt (2-1)||342~418|
|Power supply AC Input Frequency Range, Hz||47~63|
|Power supply AC Input current, Amp(2-2)||30|
|Network connection mode||RJ45 Ethernet 10/100M|
|Server Size (Length*Width*Height, w/o package), mm||410*196*209|
|Server Size (Length*Width*Height, with package), mm||570*316*430|
|Net weight, kg||15.2|
|Gross weight, kg||17.5|
|Operation temperature, °C (2-3)||0~40|
|Inlet water temperature, °C||20-40|
|Water flow L/min||8±10%|
|Water pressure bar||≤3.5|
|Storage temperature, °C||-20~70|
|Operation humidity(non-condensing), RH||10~90%|
- Inlet water temperature;
- Caution: Wrong input voltage may probably cause miner damage;
- Three-phase AC input, 10A per wire;
- Operation altitude is recommended below 2000m.
2. Setting up the Antminer S19 Hydro
To set up the Miner:
The file IP Reporter.zip is supported by Microsoft Windows only.
1. Download the following file: IP Reporter.zip. Read the article How to use IP Reporter? to learn more.
2. Extract the file. The default DHCP network protocol distributes IP addresses automatically.
3. Right-click IP Reporter.exe and run it as Administrator.
4. Select one of the following options:
- Shelf, Step, Position – suitable for farm miners to mark the location of the miners.
- Default – suitable for home miners.
5. Click Start
6. On the control board, click the IP Report button. Hold it down until it beeps (about 5 seconds). The IP address will be displayed in a window on your computer screen.
7. In your web browser, enter the IP address provided.
8. Proceed to log in using root for both the username and password.
9. In the Protocol section, you can assign a Static IP address (optional).
10. Enter the IP address, Subnet mask, gateway, and DNS Server.
11. Click “Save.”
12. Click Gateway and DNS Server to learn more about them.
3. Configuring the Antminer S19 Hydro
Setting up the Pool
1. Click Setting as below.
2. Set the options according to the following table.
|Mining address||Enter the address of your desired pool. The S19 Hydro servers can be set up with three mining pools, with decreasing priority from the first pool (pool 1) to the third pool (pool 3). The pools with low priority will only be used if all higher priority pools are offline.|
|Name||Your worker ID on the selected pool.|
|Password||The password for your selected worker.|
3. Click Save after the configuration.
4. Monitoring Your Antminer S19 Hydro Server
To check the operating status of your server (taking S19 hydro 151.5T as an example):
1. Click dashboard marked below to check the miner status.
Note: The frequency of S19 Hydro server is fixed with the value 600 MHz. Firmware will stop running when the Temp (PCB) reaches to 80℃ or the water temperature is either greater than 65℃ or lower than 20℃， there will be an error message “Fatal Error: Temperature is too high!” shown on the Bottom of the Kernel log page.
2. Monitor your miner according to the descriptions in the following table:
|Number of chips||Number of chips detected in the chain.|
|Frequency||ASIC frequency setting.|
|Real Hash rate||Real-time hash rate of each hash board (GH/s).|
|Inlet Temp||Temperature of the inlet (°C).|
|Outlet Temp||Temperature of the outlet (°C).|
|Chip state||One of the following statuses will appear:|
● The Green Icon – indicates normal
● The Red Icon- indicates abnormal
5. Administering Your Antminer S19 Hydro Server
5.1 Checking your firmware version
To check your firmware version:
- Enter the backstage of your miner, and find the firmware version on the bottom.
- File System Version displays the date of your miner’s firmware. In the example below, the miner is using firmware version 20211019.
5.2 Upgrading your system
Make sure that the S19 Hydro server remains powered during the upgrade process. If power fails before the upgrade is completed, you will need to return it to Bitmain for repair.
1) In System, click Firmware Upgrade.
2) For keep settings:
- Select “keep settings” to keep your current settings (default).
- Unselect “keep settings” to reset the miner to default settings.
3) Click the browse button and navigate to the upgrade file. Select the upgrade file, then click Update.
4) When the upgrade is completed, restart the miner, and it will turn to the setting page.
5) Click one of the following options:
- Reboot – to restart the miner with the new firmware.
- Go Back – to continue mining with the current firmware. The miner will load the new firmware the next time it is restarted.
5.3 Modifying your password
To change your login password:
1) In System, click the Password tab.
2) Set your new password, then click Save.
5.4 Restoring initial settings
1) Turn on the miner and let it run for 5 minutes.
2) Press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds on the control board.
Resetting your miner will reboot it and restore its default settings. In addition, the red LED will flash once every 15 seconds if the reset is operated successfully.
Antminer S19 Hydro Environmental Requirements
Please run your miner by the following requirements:
1. Basic environmental requirements:
1) Climatic conditions:
|Operating Humidity||20-90%RH (non-condensing)|
2) Site requirements of the miner running room:
Please keep the server running room away from industrial pollution sources:
For heavy pollution sources such as smelters and coal mines, the distance should be more than 5km.
For moderate pollution sources such as chemical industries, rubber and electroplating industries, the distance should be more than
For light pollution sources such as food factories and leather processing factories, the distance should be more than 2km.
If unavoidable, the site should be chosen in the perennial upwind direction of the pollution source.
Please do not set your location within 3.7km from the seaside or the salt lake. If unavoidable, it should be built as airtight as
possible, equipped with air conditioning for cooling
3) Electromagnetic environmental conditions:
a. Please keep your site away from transformers, high-voltage cables, transmission lines, and high-current equipment; for example, there should be no high-power AC transformers (>10KA) within 20 meters and no high-voltage power lines within 50 meters.
b. Please keep your site away from high-power radio transmitters; for example, there should be no high-power radio transmitters (>1500W) within 100 meters.
2. Other environmental requirements:
The miner running room shall be free of explosive, magnetically conductive, and corrosive dust. The requirements of mechanical active substances are shown below:
1) Requirements of mechanical active substances
|Mechanical Active Substance||Requirement|
|Dust (suspended)||<= 0.2mg/m3|
2) Requirements of corrosive gas
Note: ppb (part per billion) refers to the unit of concentration; 1ppb stands for the volume ratio of part per billion.